Everything Koi, well almost! General Koi Chat.

Moderators: frankoi, Sopersonic74, Dixiedean

By Sanke Darren Dobos Torte Dobos Torte
craig b wrote:Can anyone remember the breeder of the showa grow and show from UK nishikigoi from a couple year ago :think:

More so how are everyone’s doing ??
By Miacat Knickerbocker Glory Knickerbocker Glory
#66318 Woah thats looks really nice now.
Sanke Darren that looks nice as well hard to see through the net though.
On the whole these were really great koi - never had shintaro before and we found them slow burners in the development stakes but worth the wait thats for sure. We were suprised at the slow development of our remaining one as it is male and they usually "finish" early compared to females. :handgestures-thumbup:
By Sanke Darren Dobos Torte Dobos Torte
Miacat wrote:Woah thats looks really nice now.
Sanke Darren that looks nice as well hard to see through the net though.
On the whole these were really great koi - never had shintaro before and we found them slow burners in the development stakes but worth the wait thats for sure. We were suprised at the slow development of our remaining one as it is male and they usually "finish" early compared to females. :handgestures-thumbup:

Yeah nets are a pain il get better one once the pond is up and running as I hate bowling koi and stressing them too many times
By craig b Gateau Saint Honore Gateau Saint Honore
Dixiedean wrote:
Miacat wrote:Dont want to be rude but is that the starting photo?

That has to be the funniest unintentional insult ever :lol:

If the question has a "but" in it lol.
I'm not saying you have a fat arse "but"............
:clap: :laughing-rolling:
By Miacat Knickerbocker Glory Knickerbocker Glory
fry day 2.JPG
here is a really small showa!
fry day 2.JPG (63.72 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
LOL yes but honestly it looks really small (the koi not my ar*e.) I actually like the koi a lot especially if it is a photo from ages ago!
On the laptop I can see sumi on the other showa now it really looked like a kohaku on my tablet screen.
I tend to go for not a lot of sumi too but have been caught out several times we have a dianichi that literally has 1 spot of sumi on its head after a year so I think it will be on ebay shortly.
By FRED Sponge Cake Sponge Cake
#66513 I will have to teach Miacat to take proper photos.... This is one of the KEEPERs in the spawning (assuming we can ever find it amongst its 5000+ brothers and sisters)...
Attachments
keeper.jpg
keeper.jpg (93.29 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
Last edited by FRED on Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.