Post your build pix here, or any build advice and queries. Check out our members ponds too for some ideas.

Moderators: frankoi, Sopersonic74, Dixiedean

By Abstract Sponge Cake Sponge Cake
#69781 Hi guys I started last year on a new pond build, size will be 12x8x4 (ish) 2400 gallon but may end up a tad bigger/smaller see how it pans out :confusion-shrug: I doubt it'l be any deeper
The pond build i've done in the past i've always had help with but this time i'm on my own :sad:
The ground is good, to compare my house footings are down 14" with a 8" footing (dont make'em like they used too :eek: ) I'm going for a 6inch base with reinforcement mesh, i think it should be ok at that. I might put broken 3x2 concrete flags under, not decided yet
What i'm not to sure about is .. being on my own i dont think i'l manage to do the slab in one hit?
I know it's not ideal but needs must

Tia!
By daznotdaz Croquembouche Croquembouche
#69782 If you order a burrow and mix they’ll turn up as a gang and pour it for you. If you make them a brew they’ll probably level it out. I did mine on my own , gang poured it in but I levelled it because I didn’t want them
To bang the drain. Mine similar size.
daznotdaz wrote:If you order a burrow and mix they’ll turn up as a gang and pour it for you. If you make them a brew they’ll probably level it out. I did mine on my own , gang poured it in but I levelled it because I didn’t want them
To bang the drain. Mine similar size.

Hi Daz i've phoned around with no joy!
Thought i'd do it whilst we're in lockdown and i've bought the materials already albeit for something else
By Mossy Sponge Cake Sponge Cake
#69972 Mine me is a similar size, just a couple of foot bigger, went a bit thicker with the slab. The lorry came, couple of us narrowed it all in and then I levelled it off which was manageable.

If you are thinking of mixing it all yourself and levelling it out then you might struggle. I wouldn’t envy you, having done a few mixes doing bits and pieces in the garden I think it will be bloody hard work.
By daznotdaz Croquembouche Croquembouche
#70017 Are they not wanting the work or are they not in work due to cv19
If not in work maybe try again as most construction sites are opening again.
Have a look locally are see if anyone is having an extension, you could drop lucky and get the concrete lorry to add a little extra. Strange how they don’t seem interested, Work is work at the end of the day
#70147 There's no panic!
Sometimes it's a case of we're busy and your order is'nt big enough so bugger off
or
We're quite, certainly sir how much would your like?, would you want it barrowing in? we can level if you require.
Might end up just use a mixer and do it ourselves