Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Moderators: frankoi, Dixiedean

By Dixiedean Site Admin Site Admin Posts: 7662 
Hi peeps,

Now then, this is how we will roll....................

Trophies all ready.......... 218 Certificates ready. ( Yes, you read that right!)

Saturday August 1st at Queni Koi , arrive for 11am, presentations begin at 12 noon.

Parking is restricted , so please either park in the village or at the Shell garage car park, a short 10 minute or so walk.

*** IMPORTANT*** Standard protocol MUST be observed with regards to COVID19 rules, so you MUST wear a face mask when in the main polytunnel and adhere to the 1m social distancing guidelines. The premises are large so this should be easily manageable.

I would respectfully ask that exhibitors make an effort to attend, or nominate someone to collect on your behalf, as you would at a standard koi show, in order to collect your trophies or certificates. It would be rather flat if trophy winners, especially, were not there. Please note........... All trophies uncollected will remain at Queni Koi for the recipient to collect at a later date. I will post unclaimed certificates.

Refreshments will be available, tea, coffee and soft drinks.

We will be making a video of the awards and posting it on the forum.

Allan Tait will be on hand to offer appraisals on the koi to everyone, as much as possible.

Once again, thanks go to Allan and also Iain Kirkbright, plus everyone who entered this massive PhotoShow.

And, of course, a huge thanks to the team at Queni Koi for offering to host the event!

We look forward to seeing you all on the day.......... GOOD LUCK!
By IrishMul Rum Baba Rum Baba Posts: 452 
Delighted to be involved and can’t wait for Saturday. Really helped pass a depressing summer.

Thanks for all you done to make this happen :handgestures-thumbupright:
By Captain Kohaku Sponge Cake Sponge Cake Posts: 20 
Hello Deano, due to unforeseen circumstances I'll be working I can't make the presentation day. If any of my koi have won something would it be possible to post certs etc to me and I'll cover the costs which I'll send to you via PayPal? Regards Mark. :handgestures-thumbup:
Hi Mark,
All trophies uncollected will remain at Queni Koi for the recipient to collect at a later date. I will post unclaimed certificates.
Sorry, I will not post out trophies as per the information on the thread, should you be awarded one. If I post one , then that will set a precedent and everyone will expect it and not bother to turn up. Certificates and VAT photos will be posted at a cost of approx £2.95.

A real disappointment that you are unable to attend. :sad:
By Captain Kohaku Sponge Cake Sponge Cake Posts: 20 
Dixiedean wrote:Hi Mark,
All trophies uncollected will remain at Queni Koi for the recipient to collect at a later date. I will post unclaimed certificates.
Sorry, I will not post out trophies as per the information on the thread, should you be awarded one. If I post one , then that will set a precedent and everyone will expect it and not bother to turn up. Certificates and VAT photos will be posted at a cost of approx £2.95.

A real disappointment that you are unable to attend. :sad:
Understand that you're disappointed especially with the time and effort that you've put in . Unfortunately I'm unable to take the day off due to the lack of holiday availability, anyway I'm really looking forward to seeing any videos or pictures that's posted. :handgestures-thumbup:
By daznotdaz Croquembouche Croquembouche Posts: 3358 
I won’t be there, I’m avoiding going places and people. My lad has bad asthma and our parents aren’t in the best of health. Better safe then sorry. I’ve a sister in law who’s a nurse and the after effects of the virus aren’t worth the risks. I know must make a full recovery but the ones that get it back are left with damaged organs.
Got say a big “up” the deano and the guys who have sponsored the event. The prizes and trophies make me wish I’d bought better koi. :clap: :clap:
By agw53 Rum Baba Rum Baba Posts: 486 
Totally understand people who are shielding from the virus.
However, the rest should attend.
A lot of time has been spent by Deano and the team in this event, it would be a shame if people don’t attend and the forum has to spend cash posting certificates, out of what was a cheap event to enter.

I have been shielding ,but will be going and maintaining safe distance, even though I don’t expect to win anything. :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug:
By Big D Dobos Torte Dobos Torte Posts: 1339 
Yeah, definitely won’t be missing this :handgestures-thumbup:
Going to chauffeur the main man down with us,
Thanks Deano for your dedication and enthusiasm Definitely not an easy task :clap: :clap: :clap:
By Davey.H. Banoffee Pie Banoffee Pie Posts: 118 
Me and the Mrs will be deffo attending ages since done a bit of koi nerding looking forward to the day out and well donr to all involved with the running of this fantastic show the biggest ever in the uk !!! :obscene-drinkingcheers: :handgestures-thumbup:
Thanks a lot for your support and comments peeps, it means a lot :clap:

Alan, best way is A1, M18, M1 then off at A46 to Leicester then Wanlip.

Look forward to seeing you all there :handgestures-thumbup:
By Martin hoyt Registered User Registered User Posts: 7 
I’m coming up from Dorset , was hoping to come up fri and stay in the ibis but last time I looked it’s still reserved for emergency workers so a nice early start for me and the wife , :handgestures-thumbup:
Awesome Martin, unfortunately cannot supply a full English, so you'll have to stop at a Maccies ( I will be :lol: )

Look forward to meeting you. :handgestures-thumbup:
By Miacat Knickerbocker Glory Knickerbocker Glory Posts: 639 
Martin hoyt wrote:I’m coming up from Dorset , was hoping to come up fri and stay in the ibis but last time I looked it’s still reserved for emergency workers so a nice early start for me and the wife , :handgestures-thumbup:
Leicester Markfield Travel Lodge is open with rooms available, very handyfor the M1
I think The Manor at Quorn is open lovely pub and rooms with good food and great under cover outdoor eating/ seating area just opposite the Great Central Railway entrance which is also open along with its cafe.
We live locally to Queni so any info you need ask away I will try and assist.
By Miacat Knickerbocker Glory Knickerbocker Glory Posts: 639 
agw53 wrote:Never been to Queni, Not trusting my sat nav, what’s the best route from the North East :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug:
We would stick with the A1 all the way to Newark join the A46 all the way until you turn off to Wanlip! We find it much quicker than involving the M1. You also pass Absolute Koi using this route and a MacDonalds at that junction!
The Newark to Leicester section of the A46 is really fast once you have come round the Newark section itself which is the only non dual carriageway section of the whole route and just 1 speed camera as you near journey's end well signed.
By agw53 Rum Baba Rum Baba Posts: 486 
Miacat wrote:
agw53 wrote:Never been to Queni, Not trusting my sat nav, what’s the best route from the North East :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug:
We would stick with the A1 all the way to Newark join the A46 all the way until you turn off to Wanlip! We find it much quicker than involving the M1. You also pass Absolute Koi using this route and a MacDonalds at that junction!
The Newark to Leicester section of the A46 is really fast once you have come round the Newark section itself which is the only non dual carriageway section of the whole route and just 1 speed camera as you near journey's end well signed.
:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]