Koi food

Everything Koi, well almost! General Koi Chat.

Moderators: Sopersonic74, frankoi, Dixiedean

Re: Koi food

Postby Dixiedean » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 am

Yeah, I remember that John. Saki does have a tendency to do that, but it is nutritionally a top food .
Best

Deano
Dixiedean
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gazboy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:52 am

I feed mine Aquasource All Season Garlic . Gotta say they love it . I thought at first it was a wheatgerm food as you can feed down to 8c but no it’s white fish meal . :handgestures-thumbup:
Gazboy
Bavarian Slice
Bavarian Slice

Postby Freako » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:50 am

Dixiedean wrote:Mick...... Top 4 foods IMO................. In no particular order, but Aqua Source is the best :lol:

Aqua Source All Season Propolis................ good price, will promote correct growth and improve lustre
Saki Balance ................ Top food but pricey, best for koi over 4-5 years old
FD Food ................. Top food, but pricey!
Koyoshi All Season ................. Coastal Koi own brand, it's a good food.

Jane....... Doubt if the window will close :confusion-shrug: When the pigment is gone, it's gone.
Glad you are looking at first ingredients, just goes to show eh? :handgestures-thumbup:

Cheers Deano :handgestures-thumbup:
Freako
Black Forest Gateau
Black Forest Gateau

Postby Miacat » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm

LOL shows we need bigger photos to look at these days oh well you cant have everything and mine (not in the G&S) is nice- looks male so the black is coming by the bucket full.
I don't think that Saki is the only food that colours water brown by a long shot EA growth does the same, as do quite a few others if the pellets are dark they tend to tinge the water, it goes once you stop with the higher protein or stop feeeding so I wouldn't bin a bag.
Miacat
Knickerbocker Glory
Knickerbocker Glory

Postby Freako » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Just got through my first bag of All Season Propolis and I must say my fish go mad for it, to add they didn't with my previous food :handgestures-thumbup:
Freako
Black Forest Gateau
Black Forest Gateau

Postby LadoogKoi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Dixiedean wrote:Mick...... Top 4 foods IMO................. In no particular order, but Aqua Source is the best :lol:

Aqua Source All Season Propolis................ good price, will promote correct growth and improve lustre
Saki Balance ................ Top food but pricey, best for koi over 4-5 years old
FD Food ................. Top food, but pricey!
Koyoshi All Season ................. Coastal Koi own brand, it's a good food.

Jane....... Doubt if the window will close :confusion-shrug: When the pigment is gone, it's gone.
Glad you are looking at first ingredients, just goes to show eh? :handgestures-thumbup:

Hi Deano

What food would you recommend now and through winter. Pond is new this year, 12 koi 20-30 cm. parameters good. Not heated but covered and will be enclosed by winter.

Cheers
Matt
LadoogKoi
Sponge Cake
Sponge Cake

Postby Dixiedean » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi Matt,

It is difficult to recommend a particular brand, for professional reasons. What are you feeding at the moment?

I will say that you should look for a food that has fishmeal, preferably white fishmeal, as the first ingredient, and not wheat, wheatmeal, cereals, soya, fish derivatives etc. If you are feeding an All Season food, then stick with that during the winter, don't bother with wheatgerm. Don't feed a Growth food below 16-18c.

You may have read this, but if not it may be of help...... https://www.chatterkoi.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7
Best

Deano
Dixiedean
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dixiedean » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Freako wrote:Just got through my first bag of All Season Propolis and I must say my fish go mad for it, to add they didn't with my previous food :handgestures-thumbup:

Cheers Mick :handgestures-thumbup:

You might even win a grow and show now :laughing-rolling:
Best

Deano
Dixiedean
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gedmac » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Matt
Aqua source all season with propolis is a good one to feed all year round :handgestures-thumbup:
Gedmac
Croquembouche
Croquembouche

Postby johnb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Aqua source hi growth above 16 degrees then aqua source all season when it drops below 16 :handgestures-thumbup:
:obscene-drinkingcheers: CHEERS JOHN
johnb
Croquembouche
Croquembouche

Postby Freako » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 am

Dixiedean wrote:
Freako wrote:Just got through my first bag of All Season Propolis and I must say my fish go mad for it, to add they didn't with my previous food :handgestures-thumbup:

Cheers Mick :handgestures-thumbup:

You might even win a grow and show now :laughing-rolling:

Don't think I will be holding my breath, have you seen the judges :laughing-rolling:
Freako
Black Forest Gateau
Black Forest Gateau

Previous

Return to General Koi Forum