Ueno Showa : Grow&Show : The Final Results

Everything Koi, well almost! General Koi Chat.

Moderators: Sopersonic74, frankoi, Dixiedean

Ueno Showa : Grow&Show : The Final Results

Postby Sopersonic74 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:51 am

Well, the time has come to announce the winners of the Ueno Showa 2018 Grow & Show competition, kindly supplied by Neil at Dock Koi :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:

As stated at the very beginning, there were three prizes up for grabs, which were best growth heated, best growth unheated and best development. :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen: Each of the winners in each category will need to contact Neil at dock koi to arrange to collect their £150 voucher :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

So, without further ado, below are all the pictures that were submitted for judging with the names removed, to ensure it was done completely fairly :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:

Koi1.png

Koi2.png

Koi3.png

Koi4.png

A big thank you to our judge - Toen Feyen :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow: :bow-yellow:

Below quotes from the Judge

In 3rd place for best development (no prize :lol: ) was :-

"3rd Place Koi 12 - Not that it changed a whole lot, but especially it did not improve downward, which a lot of Koi unfortunately did"

In 2nd place for best development ( no prize :lol: ) was :-

"2nd Place Koi 31- Especially it really worked on it’s colours, hopefully it will now start working on it’s body also"

And in 1st place for best development and winning £150 voucher from Dock koi :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen: was:-

"1st Place Koi 28 - both for body and colours, a small minus is the window which appeared on the shoulder. But what the hell it is the best development and can’t be all great :grin: "

Congratulations to Miacat :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :handgestures-thumbup: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Now on to the growth :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:

Out of 14 entries, there were 12 heated and only 2 unheated :handgestures-thumbup:

Best growth in an unheated pond goes to Koi 27, with growth of 9cm from 27cm to 36cm :handgestures-thumbup:

Congratulations to Paul 1181 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :handgestures-thumbup: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Finally the hotly (see what I did there :lol: ) contested Best growth in a heated pond :handgestures-thumbup:

Best growth in a heated pond goes to Koi 4 & Koi 31, with growth of 18.5cm going from 29.5cm to 48cm and from 28.5cm to 47cm respectively :handgestures-thumbup:

Thankfully both of these are owned by CraigR so congratulations :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :handgestures-thumbup: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I hope you'll all agree that it has been a great competition and it was actually very closely fought. Below are all of the sizes of all of the koi that were entered into the judging process :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Before after Heated
Koi 4 29.5cm 48cm Y - Winner most growth heated (same owner)
Koi 7 33.5cm 50cm Y
Koi 9 32cm 45cm Y
Koi10 30cm 41cm Y
Koi11 30cm 39cm Y
Koi12 29.5cm 45cm Y - 3rd best development
Koi19 33cm 41cm Y
Koi22 29.5cm 34cm N
Koi25 33.5cm 50cm Y
Koi26 31.5cm 41cm Y
Koi27 27cm 36cm N - Winner most growth unheated
Koi28 34.5cm 52cm Y - Winner best development
Koi31 28.5cm 47cm Y - Winner most growth heated (same owner) – 2nd best development
Koi33 32cm 45cm Y

Looking forward to the results of the Koda Goshiki Grow & Show next year :handgestures-thumbup:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mega: SOPERSONIC
Sopersonic74

Re: Ueno Showa : Grow&Show : The Final Results

Postby daznotdaz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm

:clap: :clap:
I wasn’t in this and so don’t know the rules but surely the fish should be photo’d against a tape??
daznotdaz
Croquembouche
Croquembouche

Postby Sopersonic74 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 pm

daznotdaz wrote::clap: :clap:
I wasn’t in this and so don’t know the rules but surely the fish should be photo’d against a tape??

This competition, like all the others, is built on trust :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:

Also, good luck getting a good photo of a koi head down with a tape measure next to it showing it’s length :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I cant even get a good photo without a tape measure :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:
Sopersonic74

Postby daznotdaz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:41 pm

:confusion-shrug: I thought there would be a governing body kind of rules. Forgive my dumbness :bow-yellow:
daznotdaz
Croquembouche
Croquembouche

Postby paul delaney » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:33 pm

congratulations to the winners :clap: and also to all who entered has i didn`t this yr, :bow-yellow:
paul delaney
Apple Crumble with Custard

Postby macskoi » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Well done to all that entered and congratulations to all the winners. For that kind of money some lovely looking koi :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Paul
macskoi
Knickerbocker Glory
Knickerbocker Glory

Postby Craig R » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:11 pm

hi koi no 31 a little vid with a tape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6RxVuj4B4M
Craig R

Postby Sopersonic74 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Craig R wrote:hi koi no 31 a little vid with a tape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6RxVuj4B4M

No need :handgestures-thumbup:

But that is turning into one stonking koi, bet you’re dead proud of that :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Sopersonic74

Postby daznotdaz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Yeah that’s a worthy winner. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I wasn’t questioning people, just wondered if there was a national rule book to follow.
daznotdaz
Croquembouche
Croquembouche

Postby Miacat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:59 pm

OMG Dave's (AKA Fred) is the best development!! We better keep it a bit longer then and hope that window joins up with the the flash of white on the other side seeing as though its a prize winner! Sadly my none G&S showa is bigger than his and was better looking until he went in the spawning vat and damaged his beni as well.
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Attachments
no 17.jpg
Miacat
Knickerbocker Glory
Knickerbocker Glory

Postby paul1181 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Well I'm chuffed! I know I was only competing with one other but happy with that growth rate to say my pond this year was only up to 20 degrees for a couple of weeks. Then only above 18 where I could get the growth food in for a few more weeks. I did notice early on that my fish didnt really take food from the top and fed a lot more comfortably on the bottom with sinking pellets, so I switched to the aqua source 50/50.

There is some great delopment on the fish looking at the before and after photos.

Well done everyone
paul1181
Black Forest Gateau
Black Forest Gateau

Postby Sopersonic74 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:37 pm

paul1181 wrote:Well I'm chuffed! I know I was only competing with one other but happy with that growth rate to say my pond this year was only up to 20 degrees for a couple of weeks. Then only above 18 where I could get the growth food in for a few more weeks. I did notice early on that my fish didnt really take food from the top and fed a lot more comfortably on the bottom with sinking pellets, so I switched to the aqua source 50/50.

There is some great delopment on the fish looking at the before and after photos.

Well done everyone

Well done :clap: enjoy your prize, put it towards a heater :laughing-rolling: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:
Sopersonic74

Postby Dixiedean » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Well done everyone, a great spread for the awards.

Big up to Sonic for all the facts and figures and time it takes to do all of this, trust me, I know!

You lot are just fortunate that I didn't enter :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Best

Deano
Dixiedean
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dick Mc » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 pm

Congrats to the winners , well deserved
Dick Mc

Return to General Koi Forum