Everything Koi, well almost! General Koi Chat.

Moderators: frankoi, Sopersonic74, Dixiedean

By Flateric Sponge Cake Sponge Cake
Dixiedean wrote:I go down to 8c in December, then gradually up to max 20c May/ June.

Costs me more to heat in summer than it does in winter :shock:

:eek: :shock:
By Poachermas Black Forest Gateau Black Forest Gateau
Sopersonic74 wrote:Hi, I have the 12kw thermotec running on my 4K gallon pond :handgestures-thumbup:

It’s a great bit of kit, whisper quiet and super efficient :mrgreen: but in answer to your actual question, no I don’t have any backup in place, though I do have a 2kw titanium heating probe that I could drop into the drum in an emergency. However I haven’t needed any backup so far and it maintains the set temp easily, plus I don’t cover :obscene-drinkingcheers: :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:

Stuart,have you got a link for that drop in titanium probe,can't find one anywhere
Marek
By Sopersonic74 Moderator Moderator
Poachermas wrote:
Sopersonic74 wrote:Hi, I have the 12kw thermotec running on my 4K gallon pond :handgestures-thumbup:

It’s a great bit of kit, whisper quiet and super efficient :mrgreen: but in answer to your actual question, no I don’t have any backup in place, though I do have a 2kw titanium heating probe that I could drop into the drum in an emergency. However I haven’t needed any backup so far and it maintains the set temp easily, plus I don’t cover :obscene-drinkingcheers: :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen:

Stuart,have you got a link for that drop in titanium probe,can't find one anywhere
Marek

Here you go :handgestures-thumbup:

https://absolute-koi.com/subcat1896.html
By Poachermas Black Forest Gateau Black Forest Gateau
Sopersonic74 wrote:
Poachermas wrote:

Marek

Thanks Stuart, got solar on roof, thought. I might try heating with probe,cost of asap not possible at this time.

By Sopersonic74 Moderator Moderator
Sopersonic74 wrote:
Poachermas wrote:

Marek

Thanks Stuart, got solar on roof, thought. I might try heating with probe,cost of asap not possible at this time.

Hi Marek, I should have said, also just get the probe only and buy an inkbird controller as they’re only £30 and work perfectly with it :handgestures-thumbup: :mrgreen: