Everything Koi, well almost! General Koi Chat.

Moderators: frankoi, Sopersonic74, Dixiedean

By johnb Croquembouche Croquembouche
#70419 How often do people use if you use it at all ?
By Methley Koi Black Forest Gateau Black Forest Gateau
#70428 To be honest John I’ve not used it for yonks now ( in the pond ) but think it’s a great tool to have in your cupboard and as all medications used for specific problems and not thrown in the pond nilly Willie . Virkon Aquatic is after all a disinfectant and has it’s uses I know quite a few koi keepers who use it as a maintenance routine
Also very good to sterilise nets and bowls etc often used at koi shows for this very reason in strong doses
By IrishMul Strawberry Cheesecake Strawberry Cheesecake
#70430 I have a tub of it in my stores also. Was recommended to always have it just incase. Used it once when had an issue. Easy to use
#70431 Cheers guys reason I'm asking I've been told so many different ways to use it.including every filter clean ,once a week, once a month,.I used it at the beginning of the season but didn't know wether to carry on using it :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
By Dixiedean Site Admin Site Admin
#70435 As Ged says.

Why knock your filters back every month when you don't need to? It doesn't differentiate between good and bad bacteria.
#70454 Yes it's been put on the shelf mate .I did use it when I thought I had got bacterial problems. And it wont be used again unless needed .thanks for the replies :handgestures-thumbup: