Everything Koi, well almost! General Koi Chat.

Moderators: frankoi, Sopersonic74, Dixiedean

By Dewi finn Sponge Cake Sponge Cake
#70427 Hi all got a problem..fish been like statues past couple of days..checked water and all ok apart from gh and kh..both reading 3..any ideas on wots going on and how to fix it.. :think:
By IrishMul Strawberry Cheesecake Strawberry Cheesecake
#70429 I’m not an expert in any way so maybe others will be able to help better.

What is your kh and gh out of the tap? Are you doing good weekly water changes or trickle system

What is your ph ?

It would be ideal to have your kh at 5 but a solid 3 I believe can be ok too. You will know by testing your tap water kh but I would imagine it would be better to buffer up your kh slightly and slowly to 5 at least.
By Dixiedean Site Admin Site Admin
#70434 Hiya,

Could be temperature fluctuations? It's bloody cold up here today, plus it's very windy, they don't like that.

If they are all doing it, I doubt it is parasites.

GH is rather low, but that wouldn't affect them as you state ( I would advise raising this with some GH Buffer) KH is fine as long as it is stable. As Niall says, what is the pH?
By Dixiedean Site Admin Site Admin
#70448 Ok, they are fine. However, if the ammonia was high they would be flicking, and a pH drop would do the same, this is why I suggested temperature fluctuations?